Saturday, May 16, 2015

Colasante Hair Studio Moves to the Depot District


Colasante Hair Studio recently moved from the Bedford Marketplace to the Bedford Depot Building at 80 Loomis Street. The shop which opened in November 2013, replaced the Center Hair Stylist barbershop. 


The Studio also sells a wide assortment of retail hair products.
The space, which was just renovated was formerly occupied by JRM Antiques.



As previously reported, the Studio's expertise is in hair coloring. The stylists makes frequent use of hair color products with protein and extra virgin olive oil to condition the hair and keep the color shiny.



The Bedford Depot Building which was formerly used as a railroad station, underwent an exterior renovation in 2014 that included new doors and windows along with a handicap-accessible restroom.


The Bedford Depot building is now fully leased out.

Comments:
It's good to see retail back in the Depot Building. Along with the renovations (which have improved the look and feel of the Depot District), there have also been improvements with signage but some additional improvements may still be needed to draw retail traffic.

The Depot District will soon be getting additional retail space with the completion of The Crossing at Bedford (54 Loomis Street) this summer which includes 2800 square feet and the expansion of the Bikeway Source building adds another 1250 square feet.


How the Depot Building looked in 2008 before a series of renovations.

No comments: